Quinta Nova Grainha Reserve Red 2011, Magnum-wooden case pack
Quinta Nova de Nossa Senhora do Carmo is a place of extreme beauty in the heart of Douro valley and owned by Amorim family since 1999. The family connection to the wine comes from afar, through its connection with the export houses of Vila Nova de Gaia in the cork business. Meanwhile the dream came true and the project is now in the hands of the 4th generation of the family.
With a story longer than 250 years, the property displays conserved structures and the cellar original building from 1764, after interventions by the architect Arnaldo Barbosa.
Grapes selection at the entrance of the cellar. Total stripping and fermentation in inox vats for 8 days with temperature control; it was storaged for 15 months in vats, mostly french besides american and hungarian oak.
An attractive red colour with violet hints. It shows a red ripe fruit aroma, floral notes and a soft toast presence. It presents a structured and fat mouth, with complex aromas of berry fruits, a well integrated flower and wood and a pleasant energy. It ends with a long and intense aftertaste.
Store and serve advices
Store in dark and cool place (12 a 14ºC), in horizontal position and no vibration. Serve at a temperature of 16/18ºC.
This wine finely accompanies red meats, roast beef and grilled meats.
Reviews and Awards
- Bronze medal Decanter World Wine Awards 2013 (2010);
- Bronze medal International Wine Challenge 2013 (2010)
- Commended Decanter World Wine Awards 2011 (2010)
- Bronze medal International Wine & Spirit Competition 2011 (2010)
- Silver medal Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2012 (2009)
- Bronze medal Decanter World Wine Awards 2012 (2009)
- Silver medal International Wine & Spirit Competition 2012 (2009)
- Bronze medal International Wine Challenge 2012 (2009)
- Commended Decanter World Wine Awards 2011 (2009)
- Silver medal International Wine & Spirit Competition 2011 (2009)
- Bronze medal International Wine Challenge 2011 (2009)
Recommended for you
Quinta da Noval produces Port wine since 1715. Since 1994, they have decided to only declare Quinta ...
Grapes come from vineyards planted in the plateau area of Beira Interior wine region, at an average ...
The Moscatel de Setúbal is an emblematic wine of the Setúbal Peninsula wine region and is one the tr...