Assobio Red 2013, Magnum
Located in the center of DOC Douro, it benefits from a very marked by mountains terroir, altitude, schist soils and the characteristic climate of the Douro valley. In the vineyards dozens of indigenous grape varieties were planted, according to Organic Production and Integrated Production. The olive, orange, almond and Mediterranean forests help maintain the balance of the ecosystem.
Hand picking and bunch selection, detemming, crushing, fermentation with temperature control (24- 27oC), membrane pressing. Around 20% of the blend was aged for 6 months in French and American oak barrels.
Deep ruby with purple edges colour. Spicy red berry fruits. Elegant palate showing youthful fruit, fine tannins with good balancing acidity on the finish.
Store and serve advices
Serve between 16 and 18ºC. Ideal Consumption Date: 2015-2020
This wine finely accompanies red meats, roast beef and grilled meats.
Reviews and Awards
- Gold medal Concours Mondial de Bruxelles 2014 (2011)
- Commended Decanter World Wine Awards 2014 (2011)
- Silver medal International Wine & Spirit Competition 2014 (2011)
- Bronze medal International Wine Challenge 2014 (2011)
- Gold medal Mundus Vini 2014 (2011)
- Bronze International Wine Challenge 2013 (2010)
- Bronze The Dallas Wine Competition 2013 (2010)
- Commended Decanter World Wine Awards 2012 (2010)
Recommended for you
An oldtimer is back: Niepoort Aguardente Vínica Velha. For some time now, nearly 20 years, this bran...
Niepoort created a second style of Vintage Port: "Secundum Vintage". The intention of Secundum is th...
Grapes from vines planted in the Douro Superior, with an average altitude of 250 meters from vineyar...