Grahams LBV Port 2011 Miniature (200 ml)
Graham’s Late Bottled Vintage, like Vintage Port, is a wine of a single year however it is not a “declared” Vintage Port. Whereas Vintage Port spends only two years in casks and then matures in bottle, LBV is aged in casks and then bottled at between four and six years of age. This wood-ageing encourages the wine’s development and thus, at the time of bottling it has completed its maturation and is ready for drinking, without the need for decanting. Graham’s Late Bottled Vintage illustrates Graham’s house style very effectively: great rich fruit concentration with spicy complexity and depth, held together by superb structure and balance. Graham’s has always been renowned for producing outstanding Ports and its Late Bottled Vintage Port is no exception, standing as a leader in its category.
Aged four to six years in oak barrels and then is bottled with a light filtration.
It has a deep ruby colour. ON THE NOSE, rich perfumed, packed with red and black fruits of the forest. ON THE PALATE, sweet and bursting of flavours of black berries and black currants balanced by a backbone of firm tannins. With a long and lingering velvety smooth finish.
Store and serve advices
Store the bottle horizontally in a dark place with constant temperature, ideally between 12ºC and 15ºC.
GRAHAM’S Late Bottled Vintage can be enjoyed anytime and pairs wonderfully with chocolate desserts and hard cheeses like mature Cheddar or even a goat’s cheese.
Reviews and Awards
- Peter Symington, responsible with his son Charles for the vineyards and wine making, has been made ‘Fortified Wine Maker of the Year’ an extraordinary 6 times by the ‘Wine Challenge’. Nobody else has won this important award more than once. In 2003, his son Charles won the same award;
- 2 Gold medals, 1 Port Trophy and 2 Silver medals at the International Wine Challenge;
- 1 Gold Best In Class and 6 Silver medals at the International Wine & Spirits Challenge;
- 1 Gold and 3 Silver medals at the Decanter World Wine Awards;
- “Rating Portugal’s producers of Port… Graham 5 STAR***** (Outstanding)” Robert Parker, Wine Buying Guide.
Recommended for you
Grapes come from vineyards planted in the plateau area of Beira Interior wine region, at an average ...
Our olive oils are produced and bottled inour sophisticated ecological mills, wheretechnology meets ...
The estates of Monte da Ribeira and Herdadinha both belong to the Leal da Costa family, which can be...