Dominó Red 2012 | Red Wine | Table Wines | Products | Garrafeira de São João

Categories

Regions

Bottle Size

Year

Select filter

Alcohol

Select filter

Winemaker

Select filter

Price

Select filter

Dominó Red 2012

Salão Frio is a small village at 750 metres altitude in the middle of Serra de S. Mamede Nature Park. It is rich in vineyards for home consumption. The vineyard that dominates the picturesque village is about 60 years old and has two slopes. One totally facing south and the other facing north. The meeting of both combines the smoother maturation of the first with a richer maturation of the second.

Price: 21.50

Quantity: - +
Category: Red WineTable Wines
Region: Alentejo
Alcohol:

12%

Bottle Size:

750 ml

Grape Variety:

Alicante Bouschet, Tinta Francesa, Moreto, Castelão, Trincadeira

Year:

2012

Winemaker:

Vítor Claro, Dirk Niepoort

Producer:

NV

Product details

Winemaking

2011 was a very balanced year. It rained at the right time, the spring was beautiful and the summer was very dry but without excessive heat, balanced and mild. The harvest was delayed for a week and held on 10 September. 20% without destemming was placed at the bottom of a stainless steel vat, topped with the remaining 80% destemmed, but without the bottom layer being crushed. The idea was to promote very natural fermentation without the control of temperatures, although the vat is in a naturally cool place, and without too much and forced extraction. It was in contact with the solids until the end of October, and was then pressed and transferred to used barrels of French Allier oak, where it remained for 15 months.

Tasting Notes

Hints of coal, schist, green fruit and vegetable aromas, typical of vines growing at altitude. Dry tannins and acidity, with the blend of old vines marking the classic and austere flavour of grapes that have not been over-ripened and with the smooth alcohol very well integrated.

Store and serve advices

Storage Lying down at a temperature of 15°C. Serve at a temperature of 16°C to 18ºC.

Food Pairing

Accompanies game dishes, such as boar, rabbit and hare.

Reviews and Awards

Recommended for you

ALIANçA VELHA BRANDY

Aliança Velha was created 87 years ago and is enjoyed all over the world. Its harmonious, finely bal...

14.50 €

CARM MARIA LOURDES WHITE 2011

In the Douro Superior (Upper Douro), wherethe organic cultures of vines, olive oil and almondscoexis...

19.00 €

VALLE PRADINHOS OLD BRANDY

Maria Antónia Pinto de Azevedo Mascarenhas is the current owner of Casal de Vale Pradinhos. Since sh...

54.50 €

MURAL DE FAVAIOS MUSCAT

The Douro also has a DOP for sweet, fortified Moscatel: Moscatel do Douro. The Moscatel Galego Branc...

5.55 €